- 3 sticks of butter (no, this is not a typo!)
- 1-8oz package cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (if you don't have this and don't want to buy it, it's not the end of the world....your pound cake will still be delicious)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Cream butter & cream cheese like so.
It should look about like this. Nice and thick and fattening!
Add in your sugar and eggs, beating well after each addition. I usually alternate sugar then one egg, mix, sugar then another egg, mix, etc. It's going to look like this...
|I need a bigger mixer!|
Next, add in your flavorings, flour and baking powder.
It's going to thicken back up and look like so...
Pour it into a 9 inch tube pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1.5 hours.
And ta-da! This is what you'll get. Josh may or may not have nibbled away some of the top layer...I may or may not have too.
I served the pound cake with delicious, juicy peaches from Peach County! Doesn't get any better than that.
Just a tip...peel your peaches and slice them up ahead of time. Add several tablespoons of sugar and let them get really juicy. This makes almost like a peach glaze and it is a perfect compliment to your cream cheese pound cake.