These enchiladas have quickly claimed a spot in the dinner rotation at our house. A rotation that is a bit small these days...I keep telling myself that it won't be nearly as easy to run out and grab a quick dinner once the bambino comes, so I really need to do a better job of planning out our meals during the week. As much as I enjoy cooking, I've never been good at this, but I'm trying!
This is one of Publix Apron's Simple Meals. It is awesome...and makes for some good leftovers! I've done the enchiladas a couple times and the rice once. The rice is mediocre, but the enchiladas are to die for.
For the enchilada's, you'll need:
- 1 (17 oz) package Publix Fully Cooked Homestyle Beef Pot Roast
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup Ortega Medium Salsa Verde (I can't read and bought regular salsa the first go-round, still good)
- 6 Don Pancho Golden Blend Flour & Corn Tortillas (I love a blend)
- 8 oz Publix Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush's Best Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green chilies, divided
To get the enchiladas started, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Microwave pot roast on high 2-3 minutes or until warm. Transfer gravy (from pot roast to medium sauce pan. Finely shred meat using two forks. Put in a medium bowl.
Stir tomato sauce and salsa verde into gravy. Cook on medium 3-4 minutes or until hot. Add 3/4 cup of the gravy mixture to pot roast. Spread 1/2 cup gravy mixture over bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
Spoon down the center of each tortilla: 1/3 cup beef mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons black beans and 1 teaspoon chilies. Roll the tortillas up around the filling and place seam down in the baking dish. Once you have all 6 complete and placed, top enchiladas with the remaining gravy mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes until enchiladas have slightly browned.
Yum! I love simple, inexpensive and comforting meals.